Friday, December 21, 2007

My FaMilY

There is a lot about me that people don't know. Even my best friends don't know a lot about my past. Really its no ones business, its just interesting to think that people think they know me and know why i am the way i am. And then i think- if thats the case with me, there is probably a lot about my friends that I don't know.

What brings this up is an event last night. My brother called me for a ride at like 11:45pm. I get so caught up in trying to be happy and achieve and trying to please others that i seem to put aside my family. I forget that we are all still messed up and hurting. And although we have moved past some things there is always some form of new hurt that can keep the old hurt company.

I myself have worked hard to get over things and overcome the bad in my life. I try to keep things clean. Of course i keep god really close to me and perhaps thats why i've been able to be so blessed and been able to look past a lot of ugly. But my siblings and my mother? It seems to me they still struggle some. I love them more than anyone, and i regret not being there as much as i should have. Yes, i was and am supportive.. but sadly i have put other people before them and that is something no one should do.

My family is amazing. We are the odd balls. Everywhere we go people look at us and treat us different. If i recall correctly, everywhere we have lived the surrounding people treat us different.. as if they are superior. But really, in all reality, as actual PEOPLE we have been the superior ones compared to most of those people. I really don't like saying that.. as no one is or should actually be above anyone else. My point is, is that these judgmental people are no better than the assumptions they make in their ignorant minds.

Out of everyone i know- my mother, my siblings, and yes even my father at times are more accepting and more loving and caring with others. I really am blessed to have this family. Most people don't think so but they never lived through it.. they don't know the really good parts they only know/look at the bad.

I couldn't ask anyone to understand me and my family.. as that is impossible. And no one can really understand another persons family or their relationship with them unless of course you marry into it. I would just like to express that i love my family dearly. Through the rough ugly times and the hilarious fun times. We are definately a unique bunch.
Thank god for that.

No comments: