Friday, December 14, 2007

Christmas Love

I would like to share with you a Christmas memory. Of course I have many and they are all special. But there is one memory that really just touches my heart and gets my all teary eyed.

It was probably 2003 or 2004 not quite sure, but I was living with my mom and it had been a year or so after my dad left. So my mom was trying really hard to support us as well as herself. So Christmas was rolling around and my mom was putting in extra hours at the pool hall I believe it was. She was working so hard because she wanted us to have a Christmas. So Christmas eve came up and she asked me to help wrap the presents. She seemed so nervous.. she was so worried no one would like the gifts. Myself and my older sister didn't get anything as we were older and understood (I was 18 or 19 sister was 20 or 21...). So as we were wrapping the gifts she seemed sad or scared that it wasn't good enough. The gifts for my siblings touched my heart. Even though they were from a dollar store and just little things. The work and thought that went into them made them priceless. She really tried and worked so hard to make a Christmas. She did it all by herself, a single mom.

I'll never forget that Christmas. Of course my mom has her down times and there have been rough patches. But there were times like that, that really showed us how much she really loves us. I'd go back to school after Christmas break and everyone would talk about what they got for Christmas and they can't wait to use this or can't wait to show each other that. All I could do was smile and know how much luckier I was. I loved/love the fact that those things they got would soon get old.. uninteresting. But my moms love. Her hard work and thoughts about us would be there forever. It was something I could always feel and remember. Something I'd could go home to. No object in the world would ever give me that feeling I felt that night and that morning on Christmas. I doubt even explaining this will make anyone understand. Even now I think back and feel warm inside know such love.

I don't know what this Christmas will be like or what or what it brings. But as long as I have the people I love in it it'll be great. AND I have a cute Christmas tree so its perfect.
I wish everyone a happy holiday and hope that in any point in your lives you feel such love and care.

No comments: